Chiropractic for Kids at Kidcrew
Let’s review the options for pediatric chiropractic care at Kidcrew and how chiropractic treatment can help your child.
1. What are the most common challenges you see? What can chiropractic care help with?
- Concussion screening, assessment, treatment
- Symptomatic hits to the head/whiplash
- Pre/postnatal mamas
- Tongue/Lip tie
- Colic and excessive crying
- Breastfeeding bodywork for mom and baby
- Pelvic floor issues
- Headaches/Neck pain
- Sensitivity to light or sounds
- Milestone development
- Sports-related injuries
- Growing pains
- Walking and Gait
- Child’s immune system
- Overall, the child’s health.
2. What are the modalities of care we use?
The chiropractic profession uses a variety of modalities to treat children with a variety of health issues. In our treatment sessions, we provide physical therapy to treat babies and older children of all ages. We use scientific evidence and treat kids as If they were our children.
- Calming of the nervous system and treating nerve irritation- reducing your or your little one’s primitive reaction to pain and discomfort and decreasing back pain, poor posture, and improving their general health.
- Complete concussion and spinal cord trauma management evidence-based concussion approach
- Fascial-based movement rehab
- Hands-on treatment- soft tissue, joint work, fascial stretching, gentle chiropractic adjustments (spinal manipulation is not recommended in children but rather uses gentle adjustments to help the child’s condition).
- Education, Education, Education! All symptoms are the body’s way of trying to send you a message. Parents’ best way to address and assess at home is to understand what your little one’s body and symptoms are trying to tell you, mainly if they can’t talk yet!
- Chiropractic research in children
3. What are the main ways we improve:
Breastfeeding support for mama:
- Soft tissue release, bodywork post-birth trauma.
- Pain relief and Postural exercise/stretch
- Props to ease the postural stress
- Cupping therapy and other fascial-based releases for childhood issues
- Education and tips for sustained relief.
- Stress reduction
Breastfeeding support for baby:
Assessment is essential with little ones to determine why they might be having issues.
Chiropractors develop a treatment plan with children in mind based on their spinal misalignments, tense muscles, and unique health concerns. Some common problems usually respond well to treatment using the following support:
Baby-specific Bodywork, tongue/lip tie exercises, spinal assessment for any digestive issues, Education on baby’s cues, props/supports, feeding modifications, and craniosacral therapy techniques.
Acupressure (without needles),
Acupuncture (with needles), and other nervous system-based approaches to calm any fight or flight your little one may be experiencing due to chronic breastfeeding issues or even post-concussion.
Concussion and Nervous System Shock:
Concussion research is going through a significant paradigm shift at this very moment. No longer is “Rest in the Dark” the proper approach. Instead, evidence shows that treating the concussion appropriately, right from the start, is the BEST way to minimize long-term symptoms, avoid making it worse, and get you back to your regular activity as soon as possible. Therefore, if you suspect a concussion, you should find an evidence-based trained practitioner as quickly as possible to make sure you’re treating it most effectively!
Chiropractic Care Resources
Dr. Deborah Mechanic, Chiropractor Yoga Instructor (pre/postnatal/pediatric-focused)- Concussion concerns? Headaches, neck, or mouth/jaw pain for you or baby? Exercises to rehab the pelvic floor, breastfeeding-related aches and pains, bodywork? Are you interested in yoga?
Growco Rehab- Find a postpartum rehab specialist in your area. For the pelvic floor, deep core, and breastfeeding support and rehab.
Complete Concussion Management Concussion Handbook. For up-to-date resources on how to handle a hit to the head.
Great Lakes Birth and Family Services. For everything from a Doula to Sleep Consulting and Night Nurses:
Baby-Led Sleep Consulting. For a gentle approach to sleep training:
Glow Sleep Services. For a structured approach to sleep, billable under Social work.
Arm Yourself Dietetics- Picky eaters? Allergens? Want to build a healthy relationship with food for your family?