The Lactation Crew at Kidcrew
Lactation and breastfeeding
The Lactation Crew at Kidcrew will support you and your vision of feeding success. We understand that every dyad has different needs and that feeding solutions look different for individual families. Under the care of a Pediatrician and one of our highly experienced IBCLC’s, we will help you and your baby reach your breast/chestfeeding goals. You may want to offer breast milk or human milk to your baby, and you need some support.
The Kidcrew Lactation Crew can help you with human lactation:
- The baby is not latching on the breast
- Breastfeeding women and chestfeeding parents with nipple or breast pain
- Breastfeeding women and chestfeeding parents suffering from blocked ducts or mastitis
- Your baby is not gaining weight
- You wonder if you are producing enough breast milk
- You feel you are not enjoying or are uncertain about your breastfeeding experience
- Your baby is fussy at the breast or has started to refuse the breast
- Your baby is especially gassy after having breast milk
- You have had breast surgery (such as for breast cancer or breast tissue concerns) in your past
- You are using a nipple shield
- You suspect your baby may have a tongue-tie leading to a decrease in breast milk.
- You have questions on how to express, store and feed supplemental breast milk to your baby.
- You are returning to work and require support on how to continue breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding women and chestfeeding parents who want to succeed at exclusive breastfeeding with only human milk.
- Poor milk flow
- Concerns for infant nutrition
Breastfeeding Clinics, Private Lactation Consultants, and Community Support Groups
Breastfeeding Clinics: Partially OHIP-Insured Services
1. The Lactation Crew @ Kidcrew
Investment – $65.00 (includes HST) Remainder is OHIP- insured. Referral required.
Location – 1440 Bathurst Street
Tel – 416.654.5437
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. International Breastfeeding Centre
Cost: $73.45 (includes HST) Remainder is OHIP-insured. Referral required.
Location – 1255 Sheppard Avenue East
Tel – 416-498-0002
Email – email@example.com
Private Lactation Consultant Services
Most lactation consultants in private practice charge $100-$250 (plus HST) per visit.
Some extended health insurance plans provide coverage for these services. Appointments can be arranged virtually, at a family’s home and in the hospital. Well trained lactation consultants have the IBCLC designation (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
The following is a list of private board-certified lactation consultants in the Toronto Area. Our Lactation Consultants also teach Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes in a group and private setting:
Rose Le Blanc
Community Support Groups
La Leche League
La Leche League is a group of volunteer mothers who run monthly breastfeeding meet-ups and run Facebook groups based on location. Check www.lllc.ca for details.
Toronto Public Health Breastfeeding Services and Clinics:
And visit Toronto Public Health’s Breastfeeding web page:
Public Breastfeeding Clinics are listed here:
World Health Organization
Have concerns? Please connect with your pediatrician or healthcare provider via secure video or phone, from the safety of your home. Don’t delay care for your child. Didn’t find your answer here, contact us! .. or book a virtual care visit.