Are Mealtimes a Constant Battle? Are You Dealing With a Picky Eater?
Do your kids know that you are stressed about them not eating?
Follow these tips to help make eating more enjoyable for the whole family.
- Sit down as a family at meals and be positive role models for your children. The more they see you and other siblings eating these foods the more likely they are to try them.
- Sit down with your kids at the beginning of each week and make a meal plan. By allowing them to help choose the meal and be part of the process they are more likely to eat it.
- Include one new food in your meal along with staples you know that they will eat.
- Don’t be a short order cook. Your child will be more likely to eat the food you are serving if they know that is all there is. It can take as many as 10 times of offering a new food before they will try it.
- Eat 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks per day at set times. Don’t allow grazing between meals so you know they will be hungry when they come to the table.
- Finally, try to relax at mealtimes.
Hint: The more your kids see you are stressed about them not eating the worse it will get.
Click the link to read more tips & strategies on Picky Eating.