You’re talking with a friend and you know by their expression that something is a little off.
“Maybe it’s my breath?”
So what can I do with smelly breath?
Bad breath is common, and anybody can have it from time to time. The good news is there are ways to prevent bad breath and even treat it in more severe cases.
The medical term for bad breath is halitosis (say: hal-uh-TOE-sis). You can get halitosis many different ways — from not brushing your teeth or for medical reasons.
A few easy steps to avoid bad breath
First tip to avoid bad breath
First, try to brush your teeth (and floss) after every meal. Even better if you also brush after a snack. Small bits of food caught in your teeth can contribute to bad breath.
Second bad breath strategy
Second, stay hydrated.
If you feel your mouth is dry – drink some water. Saliva helps with “good breath”, so keeping a moist mouth will help fight bad breath.
Sometimes, a person’s bad breath can be really bad, and it’s always good to speak with your friends about it, as they may not realize there’s a problem.
Be nice about it. There are polite ways to let someone know. You can also offer a candy or gum while mentioning “Hey, you need a little help with your breath today”, with a smile. Or just by offering a candy or mint, maybe they’ll take the hint.
You can also add “I’ve had bad breath before too”. This can make your friend more comfortable.
It’s Hard To Know If You Have Bad Breath
Usually, it’s difficult to know if you have bad breath, but if you suspect you do then ask a friend. Make sure they’re honest about it, as any good friend should.
If you notice you’re getting bad breath often, then speak with your doctor or dentist about it.
- Why Is Kidcrew Involved In Medical Research? - June 10, 2019
- How To Use A Puffer - November 18, 2018
- Roseola In Kids - November 18, 2018
- Constipation In Babies - November 18, 2018
- Diaper Rashes In Babies - November 17, 2018
- Newborn Rashes and Baby Acne - November 17, 2018
- How To Deal With infant Gas - November 17, 2018
- How To Protect Kids From Ticks and Other Bugs – original - November 17, 2018
- WHY DO I YAWN? - March 14, 2018
- WHY DOES MY NOSE RUN? - March 14, 2018