Why Is Kidcrew Involved In Medical Research?
Let me answer by describing the appeal to Medical Research in my pediatrics practice.
As a pediatric emergency physician and community practitioner, my entire professional life is dedicated to achieving optimal results for my patients and improving the standards of care in the city I call home, Toronto.
As early as medical school, I was driven to better grasp rare and complex pediatric pathologies, especially those that affected underprivileged youth.
Toronto’s SafeHaven Project For Community Living provides high quality, community-based residential and respite care for individuals with complex care needs such as cerebral palsy and genetic disorders. My involvement on the Board of Directors and as a medical advisor has allowed me to become better acquainted with the personal struggles and journeys of complex care patients while witnessing the various barriers they face even with our universal healthcare system.
My research interests range from some of the most common conditions in childhood in Canadian such as sleep disorders, allergies and behavioural issues to uncommon and poorly understood medical conditions such as genetic syndromes and rare infectious diseases.
I have always held a deep passion for medical research and find it deeply rewarding in many ways.
My research background allows me to be aware of the current state of knowledge to reduce the risk of incomplete or incorrect diagnoses, recommend the best course of action and/or refer to the most appropriate specialist, as well as verify and improve on existing scientific literature in pediatrics.
Questions? Please Ask, We’re Always Happy To Provide More Information
- Why Is Kidcrew Involved In Medical Research? - June 10, 2019
- How To Use A Puffer - November 18, 2018
- Roseola In Kids - November 18, 2018
- Constipation In Babies - November 18, 2018
- Diaper Rashes In Babies - November 17, 2018
- Newborn Rashes and Baby Acne - November 17, 2018
- How To Deal With infant Gas - November 17, 2018
- How To Protect Kids From Ticks and Other Bugs – original - November 17, 2018
- WHY DO I YAWN? - March 14, 2018
- WHY DOES MY NOSE RUN? - March 14, 2018